Aftermarket Honda Fenders

You'll have to have an "in" to look at the parts/price, but Keystone may have these, and there's another that I have bought lenses from, but I can't remember the name. Car-something. People think they're junk, but my lenses fit and were brand new for a few $$$ more than Junkyard.

HOWEVER, this is an *old* car you're talking about. It may be tough. They usually keep parts in stock for about 10-12 years.

I'd be looking on eBay...

you can also try

Junkyard parts, but it lists local dealers and you'll have a better chance to find what you're looking for.

I'm an old Toyota junkie, myself, but Hondas are cool, too. How you coming along with your other project, what was it, an EF?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Does anyone know where to get aftermarket rear fenders for a 1980-83 Honda civic? I recently acquired a nice old 1500GL and one of the rear fenders needs replacement. Somebody told me you can get these as aftermarket parts, cut off what's left of the old one, and weld the new one on. I did a bit of Google searching but couldn't find any though....

Reply to
Chris F.

I can always fabricate the fender if I have to (with a little help from Bondo), it's just a lot more work that's all. The other project (the '89 Civic hatch) is almost done and is now waiting to be sprayed - but I can't do that in 80+ percent humidity. With no break in the weather in sight, it may have to wait for weeks.... I'm the type of person who enjoys saving old things that nobody else values (antique radios, organs, etc), and now I'm trying to apply that same philosophy to old Hondas. These old ones are pretty scarce here in Canada though, so I don't think I'll be filling up my backyard anytime soon.

Reply to
Chris F.

Ooooh! A Pack Rat!

You don't even want to see my combination cellar/garage...

I told you about my stable. I also have about 20 cameras; 10 I got in a box from the Salvation Army for $10, including a $375 Ricoh rangefinder, and then the 'stable' I use, a couple Minoltas, a couple of other Ricohs, an Olympus, a Canon and a Nikon.

Radios? Got a billion of them, with a dozen car stereos, amps speakers...

We won't even start with computers...that's what I do for work...if you can call that 'work'! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B