Another airbag problem

I never thought of this one, but it was an item on the news tonight. Apparently, undeployed airbags present quite a safety problem for rescue workers. They had some footage of test dummies plus actual video tape from an accident scene where an airbag detonated while an EMT was leaning over a victim still seated in a car.

I'd guess that the potential would be even worse for a good samartian who attempted to give first aid at an accident scene without a helmet and face protection. Better to just stand back and let them die I guess.

For everyone who removes their airbags, it might be a good idea to put a sign in your window: "Vehicle contains no airbags/explosive devices. In the event of an accident, please proceed with rescue efforts."

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.