another reason to switch to diesels

yeah, except the diesel riding money pinchers pollute way more on average than their petrol burning brethen

Reply to
AD

um, no. if you read the article, you'd see that the amount of carbon from a gasoline engine is greater, but the particle size is smaller. and smaller is more dangerous. the larger particles you get from diesels are pretty much benign apart from the visual. and for other pollutants, diesels are much better. environmental win to diesels.

Reply to
jim beam

Yeah, the majority of the trips I take are few miles long. Now calculate the savings in winter if you have to spend 10 to 30 minutes warming up the diesel engine for short trips.

I'm not disputing that diesel is a huge win for people who drive a lot but those have choices already from vw.

japs just don't bother in the states which is all the better for vw given how miniscule diesel passenger market in the usa is

Reply to
AD