Another questionable 620ti

Unbelievable. This person has only had the car a week and is now trying to flog it for more than they got it for! Now, I ask myself: "Why is this person flogging this car after a week, bearing in mind that they have left the seller negative feedback only seven or so days previously?".

Reply to
William McStay

Emailed a question asking what's wrong with it if he's selling it so soon ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Bad form, but a very quick response:

"This seems to be the car you bought only a week or so back..... What's wrong with it, then?"

Nothing at all I bought it for towing but found that a diesel is going to be more practical

I think this needs further questioning ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Airbag light on, MOT fail n'est-ce pas?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Hehe.. I did too and promptly ended up having somewhat of a slanging match with the owner(?)

Got some great replies back...

"hmm actually there is nothing wrong with the car the reason for selling the car is that i can not get insured on it. thankyou"

"Look smart arse I don't have to explain myself to a cocky little get like you, and if the cars shagged why did you bid on it.

Don't contact me again"

Followed by.. (hey I wanted to get to the bottom of this!)

"Look d*****ad, I'm not ripping anyone off and if you had any respect you wouldn't email people giving them shit so stop trying to be clever cos you're obviously a sad muppet with nowt to do."

A really pleasant person, I found.

Reply to
William McStay

I'm being a little more tactful

Going to see how long I can string it out for until he gets abusive with me ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

I am the cor don bleu of tact! ;0\

It was his wife before. Well, he seems more level than her.

Reply to
William McStay

I've asked why they told 'a mate' it was being sold because of the insurance when they told me it was because it's not an idea tow-car..... that should shake things up a little.

Also asked a bit more about the neg. feedback, was told it was because of a few scratches and a cracked foglamp lens..... of course, I had to point out that it was a little harsh as it was an old car ;-)

See what comes back now.

Reply to
SteveH

I think the previous owner mentioned the fog lights and scratches in his selling description? - Just how deep are they willing to dig that hole? Haha..

The car has sold to Olumagaji(0) for a grand, I hope it's a bogus bid. Serves them right for being arses about the whole thing.

Dodgy gits.

Reply to
William McStay

I'm turning the screw a bit at the moment - referred them to the original ebay advert with the bit about the scratches etc.

Also asked about the weak Torsen diff.... that should stir it up nicely.

Reply to
SteveH

Bastard has spoiled my evening's entertainment :-(

Reply to
SteveH

tow-car.....

HEHE nice one, I'm in on this too, I hate tossers who leave neg feedback when the original seller described the car much better, I am emailing the buyer to pull out now while he has a chance :) And he should leave him negative feedback just for being a tosser

Ronny

Ron

"Tim S Kemp" wrote ;

Airbag light isn't a failure.

Steve.

Reply to
Steven

Ahhh right. ABS light would be though?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Aye, I can confirm that.. my airbag light was on when I took it to the MoT.

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

Bit high mileage really.. things will be starting to tire. My previous

620SLi had 155k on the clock and probably would have gone on much longer, but some things in the suspension dept didn't seem as "tight" as they should be and a Ti is likely to have been driven more enthusiastically. Be patient.. a decent Ti with alot less miles should crop up for maybe 1500. Mine's a Sep '99 V-Reg with 50k on the clock and is only listed at 2700 according to Parkers!

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

Nope.

ABS light can't be on, but Airbag light is fine.

Reply to
Nom

Yep :)

Reply to
Nom

Aye, I'll just have to keep looking and hope something turns up.

Reply to
William McStay

And now they've now made their seller information feedback comments and bid history non-viewable. Something to hide, perhaps?

Reply to
William McStay