Asymmetrical Tire Question, Please

Hello,

Think I have a decent understanding of asymmetrical tires, and how they must carefully be mounted with the appropriate (as marked) side outwards.

Are asymmetrical tires ever (also) marked with a directional arrow, as a normal directional tires would be ?

Or, is one or the other ?

Any explanations would be most appreciated. Confusing subject.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

It depends on the actual tire and it's usage. Most asymmetrical treads are inner/outer. But they can also be cut with a directional tread pattern. The Corvette for example uses two different sized tires as well as directional & asymmetric tread. Many of the supercars are that way as well.

Reply to
Steve W.

My friend's S2000's front and back tires are different sizes. She gets the fancy high-traction ones that last less than 20K miles. A real joy to drive down a mountain road!

Reply to
The Real Bev