Battery change Help

This is probaly dumb but I am usually pretty good with cars but recently bought a Dodge Caravan and when driving to work I started it up no problems stop for gas about 5 mins later came back from paying for it and it was dead all I'm getting is a clicking noise. With a boost it's great run like new but turn it off again and it's done. So I bought a new battery today Not sure about this vichele never had one before but how to get they old one out??????? My old car I unhooked the posts and it slides right out. Please tell me how to change this battery.

Reply to
krista.chloe

Usually there is a clamp at the bottom of the battery, held in place by a bolt. A socket wrench and extension is needed to get down in there to loosen it. Then the battery can be lifted straight up.

Reply to
<HLS

Yup. 13mm.

Reply to
jeffcoslacker

I would highly recommend you clean the battery cable connections before spending what may be unneeded money on it. If you have a dirty connection, the new battery will go dead just as fast.

If you are going to change it, as the others mentioned, look for the clip at the bottom.

Mike

Mike Romain

Ok Got the new battery in and cleaned the connections and it started right up no problems here's hopeing it stays working well we'll see tonigh as I go into work for midnights. Thanks all

Mike Roma> I would highly recommend you clean the battery cable connections before

Reply to
krista.chloe

Well before you pat yourself on the back too much you should have your charging system checked. If not charging correctly it could fail in a week or two.

Reply to
Woody

Chances are it would have died while driving after the jump start if that was the case...

Reply to
jeffcoslacker

For what it's worth, my ex-wife & I went through 3 batteries in Chrysler products that died exactly the same way. Fine one minute, dead as a doorknob the next. Always the charging system was fine, and a new battery would run & run... until one day, it died again.

I wish I could figure out how to get 'em to give at least a *little* warning...

Reply to
Henry Q. Bibb