Battery on Concrete / Water-Witching same?

No, it's legit. Randi's been around for years, has several best seller type books and has exposed numerous frauds over the years. I'm sure some water witchers are frauds but I think most really believe they can do it. I tried the bent coat hanger wires years ago and I discovered I could find water!! Without consciously trying it seemed like whenever I waved them over water, like the faucet in a sink, they would swing and cross. Yet EVERY controlled test where proper double blind procedures is followed proves that it doesn't work. So I am as susceptible to fooling myself as anyone else. But I'm willing to accept that it is just that I'm fooling myself.

was still propagating

credible explanation for this.

Religion.....more Faith than Fact.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Mike

Where I have a small farm, I can do this. I don't need a anything. In fact, I can just throw a rock out at random. Drill down 30 feet where the rock hits and I guarantee you'll find water. Of course you can drill almost anywhere around here and find water. The trick is finding good water. But even that is not too hard.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Here's a link to a youtube video of some people taking a quick test of their dowsing abilities.

was still propagating

credible explanation for this.

Religion.....more Faith than Fact.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

still propagating

explanation for this.

Religion.....more Faith than Fact.

Its a thermal effect. A concrete slab on grade is often cooler than the surrounding ambient. Placing a battery on this surface cools the bottom of the battery. The bottom half of the plates, being cooler than the top, generate a slightly lower voltage. The top half of the plates 'see' this as if its a battery with a lower charge connected in parallel. The top half of the plates discharge in an attempt to recharge the bottom half.

Since this circuit cannot be 100% efficient, net stored energy is lost.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Hoover Dam, after all these years, is still cooling off. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Massive amounts of concrete generate bouque heat. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Chickens have wings and lay eggs.

Steve B.