Best Rated threads in Automotive Technologiesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Aerostar airbag code 45
I'm posting this simply to correct some erroneous information in an earlier post. I have a '92 or '93 Aerostar that had, when I got it, a constantly blinking airbag light. It was blinking out a code...
1
1

Looking For Those With Experience With Hercules Tires
Anyone have any experienc with Hercules tires in general, and Hercules Ultra Plus IV tires specifically? I had not heard of the brand. They were presented to me as a quaility tire that are reasonably...
8
8

Need Help - AC problem with a 2000 Honda CRV AC
We are having AC problems with a 2000 Honda CRV. We just did a successful vacuum and leak test, then recharged the system with 134a. At a constant 3000 RPMs, and with a set of AC gages attached to the...
7
7

Battery Drain?
I have a 91 prelude 5 speed, The battery keeps going dead! I disconnected the positive lead and the battery holds it charge. With the engine running there is 14.5 volts charging the batery. If I...
9
9

Tech: 1994 Toyota Camry has thumping noise when brakes are applied
My friend has a '94 Camry with 4 wheel ABS, and when the brakes are applied at low speed you hear a thumping noise in the front end drivers side. Both axles are good and have the sensor ring. Both ABS...
6
6

Brake pedal - problem
Hi, I have a problem with my Skoda Felicia 1.3 GLX. Sometimes the brake pedal doesn't go back up to its normal position. It happens for several times or more and then it is OK ... till it is not OK...
4
4

Lug Nut Thread Galling
I've been experiencing some problems with lug nuts on a '97 Toyota Landcruiser seizing. The end result is that I shear off the occasional stud when attempting to remove a nut. I've been careful about...
25
25

Water Pump Replacement HT4100 Cadillac, Advice?
My next auto repair job is to replace the water pump on an '86 De ville Cadillac with an HT4100 engine. I've done a few water pumps on conventional V8 engines, but this will be my first on a...

1989 GMC truck ignition timing bypass wire
My son has a 1989 GMC pickup that he just bought and we can't find the ignition timing bypass wire. I understand it should be a tan wire with a black stripe. I had the same on my 1987 GMC and it was...
5
5

1989 Mazda 626, unable to remove rear drums
(This is a continuation of an earlier post. The repair manual (Haynes) and on-line at Autozone says "On 323, 626 and MX-6, remove the backing plate plug to increase the shoe clearance. If this does...
17
17

R12 to R134a conversion tips?
I've got a 1993 Mazda 626 with a ruptured discharge (high pressure) line. I'll be doing the repair myself. I've got a new line, dryer and O-rings. I also have an 8 ounce can of ester oil and several...
18
18

Single stage paint
email me offline..
3
3

1977 Jeep CJ Carb float bowl draining.
Hey Group, Just a nagging little problem with an old Jeep CJ that I've got laying around. This Jeep has the original 258 straight 6 with a Carter YF (I think, but won't swear that's correct) carb....
8
8

Douglas Kukucka has an extensive knowledge base involving vehicle performance.
Automotive technical talent and proficiency is more than an overnight adventure but a passion that never ends. From the time he was young, Douglas Kukucka has engineered his future in the field of...

OBD1 Code problems 94 Caprice
Bought an ex police car from the state this week. Having trouble pulling the malfunction codes from the PCM (computer). I jump terminals "A" & "B" with a paper clip, then turn on key but do not start...
1
1

help with replacing ignition switch '95 subaru legacy
The ignition switch on my 1995 Subaru Legacy looks like it is (finally) failing, after 180,000 miles on the vehicle. The lock sticks and it takes quite a bit of working the key around to finally get...

21HP B&S Engine
Folks, I thank all of you who shared you wisdom and knowledge with me. Here is the latest update: I wanted to order a rebuilt kit first before committing to a new carb for $152 from Sears. I first...
9
9

Ford F150 Tempeartuer Gauge won't work
1995 Ford F150 6 cylinder 4.9L My temperature gauge on the dash has been stuck on COLD for about a year. The heater produces hot air no problem. I changed the thermostat anyway, but it didn't make any...
14
14

Transmission not catching
1992 Plymouth Acclaim 4 cyl In the last couple of days it started doing this, but only right after I stop hard. If I stop normally it starts back in gear like it always did, but after I stop hard then...
8
8

Briggs Stratton 5 HP Quantum XM
My mower will not keep running. It runs fine with starting fuel sprayed into carb. I have removed / replaced with new fuel. Removed carb and cleaned all ports with torch tip cleaning rods & carb clean...
5
5