brakes on a 2013 Toyota rave

I put front and rear brakes on my toyota rav my wife tell me she has to put more pressure to stop and the front pads smell like they are heating up I
did put ceramic pads on front and back the brake pedal is not the same bef ore I changed the pads, need more pressure to stop

Pads *and* rotors? They wear together, and if you only change one, it takes a LONG time for them to wear to the same relative "flatness" as each other.
Did you "bed" them in before letting her drive? Usually consists of getting up to 45-50 MPH, then braking semi-hard, enough to bring the car *almost* to a stop in about 5 seconds. (Find a nice quiet backroad if you can. Try not to do it in traffic or on the freeway). Repeat several times until they start to feel normal enough to be safe. Try not to overheat them, but they will smell like hot brakes while doing this. Take a few laps to let them cool down afterwards.
When I change my own brakes, even after doing the bed-in process, sometimes it takes a week or so before they feel exactly like the did with the old parts. Just takes time for the rough pads and rough rotors to smoooooooth out and match each other.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Pads only? From the description I would say that you have a sticking caliper and need to at least scuff or cut the rotors to allow the pads to seat.
--
Steve W.

On Sunday, October 9, 2016 at 2:44:56 PM UTC-10, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote :

ut more pressure to stop and the front pads smell like they are heating up I did put ceramic pads on front and back the brake pedal is not the same b efore I changed the pads, need more pressure to stop
If you upgraded to ceramic pads from a softer material, it might require mo re pressure to stop. That's normal. Some smell might be normal too - initia lly. If you're worried about the caliper pistons being stuck, jack the whee ls up and make sure the pads aren't binding. Give the brake pedal a nice fi rm push first.