RAVE manual password?

I HATE using microsh*te windows with a passion, but when trying to read the RAVE manual Adobe PDF files with Linux I'm prompted for a password! Does anyone know what this password is so I don't need to use windows just access 1 disc :-(

Pete

Reply to
petegavin

Thats odd try logging in to/as admin to set a password - the Microcat does that but never had Rave ask , what version you got?

Derek

Reply to
Derek

If it has got a password you can't get, there are utilities to be found in the darker coners of t'interweb that can crack the protection on .PDF files.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I have a DVD with several Land Rover Manuals on it, The earlier "series" ones open OK but the Disco one will only open when accessed using the Rave icon via Windows. I have several PDF viewers on Linux (including Acrobat 7), they all ask for the password. If I try to open it using Acrobat directly in windows it asks for a plug in? Bummer :-(

Reply to
Mad_Sunday

One of these days I will archive all the Landy related manual, catalogues and charts I've downloaded or bought and sell them on ebay for a couple of quid sort these problems out in a trice. If you try to read RAVE pdf's directly you won't, it requires a plugin and so far as I have found (yet) there aint one- it really is asking for the RAVE interface and even though you may have Acrobat loaded you must let it put in its own (seemingly earlier) version to make it work (the answer to your next question is I dont know why it is so but I have tried with different versions of Acrobat so far none work ) I have 3 (could be 4) versions none need a password (in windoze) that could be the reason. BUT - If its just a Disco WSM you need then

says that link don't work) in which case its all the way down next to bottom on
just for the V8
new on the page a P38 manual and oh - my - god an L322 manual now who would want one of those? Derek while I'm in that frame of mind any more ?

Reply to
Derek

You Sir, are a STAR!

Perfect download into Acrobat 7 via firefox in suse 10.2 linux..........wicked ;-)

Reply to
Mad_Sunday