brand/model recommendations for OBD code readers?

I am going to purchase an OBD code reader, and just wanted to solicit some feedback from those of you who have purchased one:

O brand and model

o price paid

o particular likes/dislikes

o what, if anything, would you change

I will be using it primarily on my own vehicles, (2003 GMC Savana, 2000 Saturn LW2), but probably would like to help out friends without a reader.

Your experiences and advice would be appreciated.

best,

doug

Reply to
old dirtbeard

Both vehicle are OBD II. Keep this in mind when searching for a tool.

Scan Tools

Code Readers

There are many more, but these links show the most popular.

Reply to
saeengineer