Bubble under motor mount (9th gen. Gorolla)

Hello all,

I'm lately having some engine vibration at idle. That started after the dealer shop replaced the belt tensioner, which invol ved lifting the engine a bit. I looked at the passenger side motor mount an d underneath it I see a rubber "bubble" that seems to get larger as tempera ture rises. Is this rubber bulge normal for these mounts or it's an indicat ion of internal failure? I know this motor mount is fluid filled and I don' t want to wait till it starts spilling fluid.

Thanks.

Reply to
Dan

The exterior of the mount shouldn't change. Sounds like the internal chamber failed.

Reply to
Steve W.

Life was simpler when they were just chunks of rubber. I couldn't take the metal part off after the rubber was completely gone, so I just slapped the new on on top. Whatever works.

Reply to
The Real Bev

The active mounts really work to dampen the rough smaller engines. BUT they can be a PIA at times.

Reply to
Steve W.