Bullet nose Studebaker getting busted in the windy city.

Terrific web site for old motors.

Reply to
Vic Smith

I have an old Studebaker bullet nose ring with the bullet in the middle, just like the one in that theoldmotor.com picture. I am not sure just what year Studebaker it was originally on. I bought it at Goodwill a bunch of years ago.

Reply to
JR

All rusted out in 7 years. The good old days.

Reply to
Bill Vanek

Bill Vanek wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

And engine would be burning and leaking oil; engine would be hard to start in the wet; shocks and tires would have lasted 15,000 miles; steering would have lots of play in it; the brakes would be pulling, grabbing, and moaning, if they worked at all; the gas gauge would be broken; at least one door handle would not work.

The good old days, indeed.

Reply to
Tegger

Worn out,,, Reminds me of most of the old second hand/used cars I have owned before. Second hand Rose,,, second hand clothes,,, they all call her second hand Rose....

Reply to
JR

Chicago can still do that to a modern car. ;)

Reply to
Brent

Hell, lots of places in Chicago you leave your car, you come back in

7 minutes to find the hubcaps and radio gone.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Don't park on the street in down town New Orleans either.

Reply to
JR

8 radios stolen in two years out of one car, including once while I was at the insurance office filing a claim for a radio stolen a few days before. Last straw? You bet.
Reply to
Bill Vanek

1950 or 51.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Actually a bulletnose Stude likely didn't have many of those problems. That basic chassis and engine (1950 - Commander Six; 1951 - the classic Stude V-8, 232 in that year) are the very definition of cast iron reliable American engineering. Granted, working on a trunnion front suspension requires tools and knowledge many don't have today...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I am 72 years old, I remember those old Studebaker cars and trucks very well. My brother had a buddy who had a new Studebaker Lark car. Google,,, Studebaker Lark Cars

Reply to
JR