Camry & Accord: 4 Vs. 6 Cyl.? Opinions Appreciated.

Hello:

Never had either before, but it looks as if I'll probably be purchasing a new Toyota Camry or Honda Accord sedan next month.

Very confused over the pros and cons of the 4 vs 6 cyl models.

a. what do "most" people buy ?

b. I understand that the 6, of course, will have more power and presumably faster acceleration.

Realize that this is very subjective, but for "normal" usage, do I really need, or want, a 6 cyl. ?

c. Other pros and cons, caveats, etc. ?

Opinions on this would be most appreciated.

Might as well also ask: general opinions on Camry vs Accords ?

Much thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

A 6 cylinder will cost more up front and cost more to maintain. You decide if it is worth it to you. Drive a 4 cyl and a 6cyl and see if the difference is worth the extra cash.

Drive them both and you decide. If you drive both you will probably find something about one or the other that makes it a better choice for you. You may also want to look at the Altima.

----------------- Alex __O _-\

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

Reply to
phil w

One main reason people buy 6 cyl. engines is the smoothness.

Of course the extra power is important also.

If geared right, there shouldn't "too" much of a difference in gas mileage (2-3 mpg), except, you might find yourself "using" the added power of the 6 more, thus sucking down more gas.

Also, try driving the cars with the AC cranked up and see if the four's still have enough power.

Reply to
SW

Both are great cars. The Camry with the V6 auto feels better than the

4 with the automatic. Much better feel when driving in traffic. Plenty of power to pass. I heard that the 4 with a manual is supposedly not much slower than the V6.. Never seen one. I had a I4 Camry for a while and were really not satisified with it and the brakes it came with.

I've driven both the V6 & 4 extensively. I'd buy the 6 in a heartbeat. The 4 is adequate though. I think the 6 may include rear discs, but double check.

The Accord is sportier... I'd opt for the V6 on this one too. The extra power is always good to have.

Drive both and see what feels good. You won't go wrong with either.

__________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'. N38.6 W121.4

Reply to
Barry S.