Cannot fill up gas tank on Ford Truck F350, 1991

guys,

I have an unusual problem. I tried to fill up the gas tank and it looks like the gas cannot flow from the filler neck to the tank. You can hear the gas "trickle" slowly to the tank. I've been using this truck regularly without any problem. Is there a ventilation valve that could be clogged or malfunctioning on this model?

Pierre

Reply to
Pierre Sheehy

I had a similar problem in an 89 E150 van with the front tank. Filled rear tank and went home. Looking under the van, it looked like the fuel tank had slid back because the filler hose was bent at a sharp angle and looked pretty restricted. Tank straps were tight though and there really wasn't room to slide the tank forward (floor had been lowered for wheelchair lift). At next fillup, no problem. I think the first time I must have been using a very sensitive gas pump that switched off very quickly. Not sure, but had no problems the last 6 times.

bb

Pierre Sheehy wrote:

Reply to
bobby