Cars friendly to the home mechanic

Nah, most old GM's of that vintage you just need a tetanus shot after working on. ;)

I have a belt driven 5 hp compressor. 1/2" Hose. At 120 PSI no 1/2" impact from Home Depot or Sears under $250CDN would take it off. We went through three of them... The local Crappy Tire took it off. I tried breaker bars + leverage, and no go there either...

I'll stick with my GM's. I have 18mm wrenches and sockets now - no regular sets seem to have them, but that's apparently the only size for the front suspension on the wife's Beretta...

Although... on the Acura, most of the bolts were 10,12,16 mm... not one of every possible size like on some other cars I've seen...

Reply to
ray

You would have *loved* the VW 411's and 412's circa 1970. To replace the A/C belt, you had to remove the transaxle and lower the engine. Paid flatrate 9.5 hours - a topnotch A/C mechanic who was small enough to get

70-90 billable in a forty hour week took 13 actual hours the first time, and neither he nor the customer were very happy about it.

Same car used to spark every time the fat owner hit a bump - battery was under the driver's metal frame bottomed seat - ZAP!

Now you know why you still see some VW Type 3's but the Type 4's all had a wooden stake driven through them a long time ago.

Reply to
Dan Goodman

Never seen a 16 on an Acura.

10, 12, 14, 17, 19 mm are about all I can remember ever using on an Acura/Honda.

__________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'. N38.6 W121.4

Reply to
Barry S.

possibly. My bad - not my car... I just remembered that they seemed to stick with 3 or 4 size bolts for pretty much everything which is convenient for working on them... I thought they were all even sizes unlike my GM's which seem to use 10,13,15 mm.

Ray

Reply to
ray