Choppy ride Corolla 06

The ride of my 06 Corolla is bumpy, especially after the car has been driven for a while. Tyre pressure is 30-32 PSI. The car has about 35k miles, with original suspension. Is it possible something is bad with the shocks? I know these are filled with nitrogen, does it make sense the pressure will rise as they heat up and so they become stiffer? This is quite annoying, especially on long drives it kind of gives me head aches.

Reply to
Dan

Dan wrote in news:a267ced6-0c9f-4434-abc7-e99acb09b858 @s19g2000vbr.googlegroups.com:

You're evidently not sure of the pressures, which is not a good start.

Two questions:

1) what are the EXACT /cold/ pressures, and 2) what does it say in your owner's manual, or on the glove-box sticker if you can't find the manual?
Reply to
Tegger

58

Pressure is 31 PSI (checked with gauge), in owner manual it states pressure of 32PSI.

Reply to
Dan

Usually its the other way around. Parts are stiff when cold. At 35k miles I can't think of anything that would be worn out. Shocks are good for 50-60k miles. Bushings tend to last 120k. I have to rent Corollas every now and then. They are not made to be comfortable for long trips. They are made for excellent milage. Maybe the seat is worn out?

Reply to
Paul

Paul wrote in news:i7l1cp$obd$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Gas pressure increases with temperature. Obviously what the OP was talking about. How could the seat change *while* driving?

Reply to
chuckcar

I agree. Gas pressure increases with temp but I doubt if his driving conditions are making much of a difference. Its been my experience that suspension is much tighter when cool.

I took his comments to also mean that over time his ride has gotten bumpier, not just after he has driven a few min.

Any thoughts on what could be causing it if that is what is happening after a few min?

Reply to
Paul

Paul wrote in news:i7m0v9$c7h$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

A stuck brake caliper heating up the shock by convection? who knows. I'd certainly check for anything hot in the wheel wells.

Reply to
chuckcar