Does the 2010 prius have a oil in the transmission?

Does the 2010 prius have a oil in the transmission?

Thank you, Kevin

Reply to
KevinColorado

I certainly hope so.

Reply to
m6onz5a

On the web,

2010 Prius transmission oil

If it doesn't have oil, it is burnt up. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Prius uses Toyota ATF WS, synthetic low viscosity. The fill and drain plugs are under the car. Recommended change interval is 100K miles.

Reply to
T. Postel

Almost sounds like he meant "engine oil". My 1941 Chrysler Fluid-Drive, and other Chrysler cars(1939-1954) uses 10W motor oil in the Fluid-Drive unit. Hard to find, I just use 10W-30, it works great.

Reply to
sctvguy1

I haven't looked at a 2010 Prius closely, but some cars with automatic transmission don't have a transmission dipstick anymore. The presumption is that these designs shouldn't lose its fluid unless something has gone very wrong (hopefully with symptoms prior to destruction!) and therefore you just leave it alone until time for repair or a routine fluid/filter change. I guess they judge the risk posed *by* the dipstick (e.g., that somebody will leave it loose or forget to put it back in, and contaminants will enter through the tube) is greater than the risk of running low.

There would definitely be a fluid lubricant. The owner's manual or maintenance manual should reveal what (if anything) this means to the owner, besides "see the dealer at xx,xxx miles or if the red light comes on or there's a puddle in the driveway."

Cheers,

--Joe

Reply to
Ad absurdum per aspera