Dusenberg.

Celebrity Rides: Jay's Dusenberg is on the DIY channel right now.Part I through Part VI. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news:6310-4AA6F4A9-2492@storefull-

3171.bay.webtv.net:

Since our DirecTV subscription provider went down a few months ago, we've been forced back to Krappy Kanadian TV and now no longer get the DIY channel (among many others).

We had DirecTV for ten years (we were subscribed and paid full dollar for it) and we really miss it. Canadian television is government-regulated up the wazoo and is really crappy. Much of it is recycled US content, but is programming at least a year old, if not more.

Did you know that BBC Canada's Top Gear programming has nothing new, but is still regularly showing Top Gear episodes that have the Black Stig? Ancient like the Egyptian pyramids!

How we'd love to have our own TV back instead of this Canadian government-approved crap.

Reply to
Tegger

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

Is that the one he found it a garage that looked like it had been sitting in a junkyard for half a century? The tire were toast as I recall and they had to tow it on to the transport from inside the garage.

Reply to
fred

One of the guys who was restoring Jay Leno's Dusenberg (Ray Ema, I think his name is) car said in California they are not allowed to use lauqer paint and they are not allowed to use a steam cleaner for removing old crud from old cars.The guy said if they find traces of laquer paint in the paint filters it is a $10,000 fine.

I pay about $62.00 each month for my DirecTV subscription.I like to watch Trailer Park Boys on tv on the T101 channel.On on DirecTV!

I do not live in a trailer.My big old wood frame house was built in

1947. cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9C80DBAE0A578tegger@208.90.168.18:

but at least you have excellant and free health care! just like us southern canadians will have after the obamanator is thru......jeeesh, i didnt think of the next prob. he will overhaul cable and sat tv so we can be as great as mexico...........what a web we have woven

Reply to
bill

Holy Crap! Mine's $49!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Don't you love it when Bubbles screams,

" C O C K S U C K E R . . . . "

Don't you love it when Ricky gets so UN-stupid, when he gets cornered by the cops, and scams his way out of trouble.

Do you think there really is a Saskwinch and a Shitbird?

One of the funniest things they ever did, is a short out-take buried in one of the Trailer Park Boys DVDs. Ricky's 9(?) year old daughter shows the "documentary film crew" how she "rolls" her "smokes". It's the cutest darn thing that you have ever seen. A 9(?) year old girl uses a machine to make filtered cigarettes with recycled tobacco (tobacco salvaged from shopping mall ashtrays, the butts!).

Reply to
M.A. Stewart

And right now on the TV Land channel, Al Bundy tries to keep his Dodge car safe for a Dodge commercial.

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Are you bullshittin' me?!?!?!

How come?

What do you do if you can get US TV by antenna?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e86.GTS:

Not at all. It is actually illegal in Canada to receive US-provided television. I am not exaggerating in any way.

For some bizarre reason (starting in 1975), the Canadian government decided that television was a "cultural resource", and should be strictly controlled. They did the same thing with airlines, telephony and and bookstores, so we have problems with those as well.

The RCMP for a while was actually nailing people for having DTV, Dish Network or EchoStar before the newspapers got wind of it and they decided to back off (I think due to bad publicity). There are lots of Dish and FTA dishes up here, and Dish is a hacker's paradise, but I don't want to be going down all the time like they do.

We had subscribed DTV for ten years through a provider that recently was forced to shut down by court order. But there's a second dish on the side of our house now that has a Canadian name on it.

Receiving by free over-the-air broadcast antenna is technically illegal up here, but I don't know how they'd catch you.

When I was a kid (before cable and before the Canadian-content laws), we did exactly that. We got mostly the Buffalo-area channels 2, 4 and 7. Saturday mornings with Commander Tom and his cartoons on Rocketship 7! Yay!

It was only years later that I discovered that Commander Tom was actually Tom Jolls, the Channel 7 weatherman.

Reply to
Tegger

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3173.bay.webtv.net:

Yeah we get that up here (on several channels) - Canadian you know. Specifically Nova Scotia. I prefer My name is Earl though. The boys get pretty nasty at times - too much for me.

Reply to
fred

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e86.GTS:

*IF* you live close enough to the border to get the big three networks you're fine, but otherwise - hell we don't even get to see the superbowl ads you do.
Reply to
fred

Actually, come to think of it TV has caused a drastic decline in people's intelligence here, since ti just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Can you listen to American rap? That has a lot to do with things here, too. No gangsta's in Toronto, eh?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e86.GTS:

Music is heavily controlled by the government as well. Radios can play US music, but they have to mix in a certain percentage of Canadian music in with it.

Toronto has plenty of gangstas. Almost all of the murders there involve gangstas killing each other over honor, drugs, or gang initiation rites.

Reply to
Tegger

Canadian music? How much Rush and Triumph can a person actually listen to in a day?

;-)

Reply to
Steve

Many of the channels you see on cable, Directv and Dish channels are initially served up free, but encrypted by the various companies, so you have to pay a subscription fee to see them.... Look up FTA satellite... it's means "Free To Air".... you buy for the dish and downlink and nothing else...

Reply to
bobj

I had Time Warner cable tv service for about a year and a half before I switched to DirecTV in December 2004.One time when I was shopping at one of the Goodwill stores around here, there was a guy at the store, he was a cable tv installer guy for Time Warner.He told me those cable tv and satellite tv companies include a lot of trashy channels so that they can have a big lineup of tv channels.He is right about that too.

I am Scots Irish by ancestry, I want to watch Live Scotland and Ireland and Wales tv.For quite a few years I have been thinking about buying whichever Free To Air satellite equipment (the dish and set top box and remote control/whatever) I would need.I have no idea of which is the best equipment for me.I would have to locate a local area satellite installer person to install and set up the equipment for me because I get too woozy and dizzy headed nowadays to get on top of my house.I wouldn't know how to set it up anyway and I do not want to latch on to any illegal channels.

I sooooo very much want to watch Live Scotland and Ireland and Wales TV! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

So, we don't have an exclusive on stupidity...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

What about Gowan?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I always thought Canada was like the US, but more so, i.e. personal freedoms were more important.

What the hell happened?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B