Eagle Talon Engine Cuts Off - Why?

I have a '97 Eagle Talon and several weeks ago, I had intermittent problems starting it. I could hear the engine turning but it wouldn't fully engage until a few minutes of trying. I took it into the service garage and they couldn't find anything wrong. I haven't had starting problems lately but three time, the engine all of a sudden cut out on me while I was on the road, once on the highway. I restarted the car okay while it was still moving.

Weather is now starting to get cold up here in Montreal and I have to travel to ski resorts on a regular basis so I'm worried. Can some of you experts offer any possible explanations on why the engine has been acting like this and what do I have to do?

Thanks

Clint

Reply to
Clint

First thing I would try is to clean the throttle body. It gets carboned up after a while and will cause the problems you are having.

Reply to
Mike