ecu anomaly

Hi all I got a problem with a 1.4 Astra! Nothing new there then I hear you all say, Heeee. The thing is the ecu or whatever you call it is only supplying a spark to three of the plug leads. Can anyone tell me in a fashion I may be able to understand, why this is happening and how I can fix it, If at all possible. Thanks,

Reply to
tryingtofixitbloke

Is an Astra like a LeCar? If so, it only has 3 plug leads! s

Reply to
sdlomi2

sparks dont come from the ECU, they come from an ignition coil. If this car has direct ignition, then one of the coils could be bad. or a plug could be bad, or a wire.

Reply to
dnoyeB

"tryingtofixitbloke" wrote

Late German cars like the Opel Astra probably has 1 transistor per coil. As I noticed on some late model like the BMW which has four coil packs, each of which is directly driven by a sigal transistor from inside the computer.

The solution is easy. Swap the coil and if the plug that you've mention is now getting spark then, WALLA, you've found your problem. So how do I know if it has spark? Simple. Use a timing gun because the voltage is too high to fool around using the old fashioned way of "screw driver on plug wire."

Reply to
Sam Nickaby