engine bore estimate

Hi! I was curious about how much it costs to re-bore an engine block, lets say 20 over, and a machine shop would charge per cylinder right?

Reply to
Chris Sledzo

Roughly $6-7 per hole

Reply to
Larry Smith

Locally, (Hamilton Ont.) it costs $125 to bore and finish hone a 4 cylinder block.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

I just got a V8 bored and finish honed, and it cost $18.50 per cylinder (west coast Canada)

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S

South central pennsylvania, get small block chevys done for $110

Reply to
PA-ter

I just received an email showing US$ 10 per hole in Des Moines, which isn't bad at all.

I suspect that the bottom line here is that it depends on where you are and how well you shop the job.

I doubt you'll find less than $10 US per hole at a dealership, nor at a small market town machine shop.

Reply to
Larry Smith