Engine shuts down - any ideas ?

Hello guys

Could any of you kindly suggest what possible problem could it be ? Past two weeks I have this problem on daily bases .

I can start car w/o problem but once I engaged gear (automatic) and press the accelerator pedal the engine will shut off .

It will choke couple of times and go OFF. Now , if I let the engine run for about 6 minutes till the car has full temperature it won't happen anymore . As long as I don't press the Accelerator pedal . After the engine is hot I can drive w/o problem.

Please advice .

Regards

urami

kuala lumpur

malaysia

Reply to
urami_

Let me break out my magic eight ball to find out what vehicle and engine you have...

Reply to
Steve Reinis

You may not be familiar , it is 2 liters Proton Perdana (malaysia made)

http://202.56.156.197/protonWorld/Proton/Malaysia/models/perdanav6/index.cfm?DateTime=%7Bts%20%272003%2D11%2D26%2007%3A37%3A12%27%7D Here are the technical specs

http://202.56.156.197/protonWorld/Proton/Malaysia/models/perdanav6/techspec.cfm I was hoping it could be some very common symptom like water in fuel or something . ANyway , appreciate you taking time to read . Thank you

have a nice day

urami

Reply to
urami_

If it is a typical fuel injected engine, I would suspect dirty or bad MAT or IAC.

Reply to
 Paul