European car?

I was recently in Spain, and took a side trip to Gibralter. Saw this really tiny car, and was wondering what it was.

It was smaller than a smart car, sort of looked like a miniature dune buggy, or a gold cart. It was open- no roof or doors. It had a longitudinal "roll bar" over the two seat (side by side) passenger compartment. The bar was the windshield frame, plus a tube from top center of windshield frame over the seats and coming down to area behind seat backs.

Wheels looked about like 8 or 10 inchers.

Anyone know what kind of car that was?

I do have a picture, but don't know where to post it.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Sounds like a cooler body variant on the GEMs that we have at work for running around the site and nearby city streets. They're electric only, AFAIK. Enclozed cab mpdels lool very hornetlike (the insect, npt the AMC).

Reply to
Ad absurdum per aspera

MasterBlaster

Okay, I'll give that a try.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Okay, I have posted an image at tinypic. The URL is;

Don Stauffer

That little car looks French to me.

On the web, Tiny European Cars cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Can you read, or do you remember, what the name was? Plainly part of the logo reads "Tech" but the script part... FMC, Fine, Femto, and other such guesses don't give me much traction.

It sure looks like what we in the US would call a "Neighborhood Electric Vehicle" or "Low Speed Vehicle." There are a large number of them worldwide, mostly electrics I think, ranging from extremely utilitarian to stylish to downright science-fiction levels of high design.

My guess, after pondering the apparent materials of construction, is that it's a newish one with a studiedly retro look rather than an old one.

--Joe

Reply to
Ad absurdum per aspera

Don Stauffer wrote in news:4bc71878$0$89387$ snipped-for-privacy@news.qwest.net:

The logo *seems* to say FMC tech. That first letter is absolutely not an E, otherwise the formula emc^2 would spring to mind. On the side and front. Shame it wasn't photographed at a better angle or in higher definition. I start to get pixelation at the point where the letters become readable as I enlarge.

I get a 165KB jpg file. Perhaps it's been converted from another file as well? jpegs use lossy compression, which means every time you convert from them, you lose image information.

Reply to
chuckcar

No, I do not remember the name, and I am kicking myself for not shooting the logo directly. The name on the logo meant nothing to me.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

It is a nice looking 4 wheels motor scooter anyway.I would like to know brand name/factory/country it came from. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin