F-150 Trailer Brake Control, connector location??

I'm adding a TEKONSHA PRODIGY brake controller to this truck. I also purchased the 'pigtail' wiring adaptor that goes from this control and the Ford wiring harness.

So simple, "So I thought", just Plug and Play.

I have just spent the last 30 min. standing on my head looking for the under dash connector. I even went to a fellow who has installed these for a brake and hitch shop. He couldn't find it either. He said it is usually taped up out of the way but could only spend a couple minutes looking.

Could anyone offer some direction and what I should be looking for. The plug should be squarish, 6 pin (4 pins being utilized).

It's gotta be there someplace???

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I should have mentioned that this is 1998 F-150..

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Found It!!

Nothing but a "Bloody Stump" where the previous owner had cut the plug off for a splice in job.

Only thing I could do was follow his lead and splice in the original brake controller wire harness.

So now I'm left with the extra harness adaptor that I purchase from a third party on eBay.

I'd make someone a good deal on this Ford to TEKONSHA PRODIGY harness adapter.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I hate it whe people F**k up a wiring harnes this way because they ar too damn cheap or lazy to get the right connector - especially when they come with the vehicle when new and are chaep and readily available for Fords.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut