elec brake controller pigtail?

2004 Ram 1500; Installing an electric brake controller. I got a wiring adapter at u-haul and I found the pigtail under the dash behind the e-brake. My problem is the blue wire is only putting out 2 volts at the pigtail. It show 0 volts at the brake controller and at the 7 pin connecter at the bumber. Is 2 volts normal or should it be 12v...any suggestions on a fix?
Reply to
HomeBrewer

What kind of brake controller do you have? Most of the newer models have automatic settings that vary the voltage/amperage to the amount of braking needed.

Reply to
noname

Depends on what it's hooked to. Hook up the trailer and them try it. Don't forget the trailer has to be grounded to the truck.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Thanks for the relpies, I fixed the problem. The 7th wire from the bumber was not connected to the e-brake pigtail. Not sure if they come like that from the factory or not, but once I connected the wire, everything works fine.

Reply to
HomeBrewer