2005 F-250 Integrated Trailer Brake

Hello-

I recently purchaced a 2005 F-250 and I want to add the integrated Ford trailer brake controller. Is this something that I can install (basically plug in to the harness) if I buy the unit or should I pay more and have the dealer install it? The truck already has the towing package and the trailer brake plug at the hitch.

Thanks,

Matt NJ

Reply to
Matt

I just was looking at the 2007 accessories catalog and it's listed there. They -recommend- that the dealer install it

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

I'm sure Ford "recommends" that most of there accessories be dealer installed - their labor prices are high I'm sure. I was just hoping someone on this group had installed the brake controller before and could give me an idea of what I am looking at.

Reply to
Matt