Location of trailer brake controller harness?

I have a 1977 Dodge Ram 1500 with factory tow package. Round trailer plug at the hitch. The heavy duty signal relay and electric brake controller plug and wires are in the glove box. The owners manual says the brake controller wiring harness plug is taped up under the dash on the left side of the steering column. I'm been looking all morning and pulled the lower dash panel off to get a better look. I can't seem to find it. Any other tips on what it is I'm looking for exactly?

** Due to SPAM I no longer receive email responses to ** newsgroup postings, so don't bother.
Reply to
Abe

Considering the change to the 4-digit designations didn't occur until 1994, I'd say that's pretty rare :)

Yeah - they really like to hide them sometimes. Under the dash, on the firewall, will be a big (maybe 3"x4") plug, with about 100 wires coming from it. Check around there, or even tucked behind it, for the blue 4-pin connector. At other times, they tuck it behind the trim/padding next to the emergency brake.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Sorry, I meant 1997.

Thanks. I'll take a harder look around and behind things.

** Due to SPAM I no longer receive email responses to ** newsgroup postings, so don't bother.
Reply to
Abe

Wow. I was going to reply -- after 28 years, the original wiring harness still there?

Actually pretty unlikely that it would still be there on a 97.

Reply to
PJ

I found it. Tucked way back inside a metal bracket. I found it with my hands first.

Thanks again for the advice!

Mark Abreu