Foam fill for tires

I was at a tire shop today and I looked at a Wade Wallace tire catalog while I was waiting to get some tires on my van.The catalog and the website

mentions foam fill for tires.Is foam fill a good idea for keeping tires from going flat? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

IMO, you don't want it. They are so messy to clean up before mounting new tires. So, NO would be my vote, exc.when caught w/no spare & you just need to get home on an already balding tire. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

For an industrial tire where ride isn't a problem or on something like a hand cart it works great. You DON'T want to think of it as being for highway use.

Reply to
Steve W.