Ford considering the fate of Mercury?

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3173.bay.webtv.net:

Is *no* one capable of making two cars under the same brand that don't look exactly the same? I first noticed this with the (commonly owned granted) Jaguar and Aston Martin cars. An XKR looks exactly like a DB9 which looks exactly like a Vantage.

Reply to
chuckcar

They almost can't stop making the Grand Marquis, it is the official car of South Florida! Thousands of those things are on the roads of Florida.

Reply to
sctvguy1

I see no reason to continue with the Mercury line. . It is simply a Ford in clowns clothing

Reply to
hls

sctvguy1 wrote in news:xGOLn.481541$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-04.dc.easynews.com:

None of which have ever experienced more than ten miles per hour...

Reply to
Tegger

Of the two brands, Mercury and Lincoln, I think more people buy Mercury cars than Lincolns.If Ford must get rid of one, I say it should be Lincoln. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

While being driven by man with hats or women who can't see over the dashboard...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B