Ford Oil system schematics

I need a oil system schematic for a 95 powerstroke 7.3 turbo diesel. I replaced the oil cooler and now, I show no oil pressure on teh gauge but the stick reads full and it's pumping oil through the pump. Help!!

Reply to
wright98

If it runs you DO have oil pressure. This motor has a conventional low pressure oil pump that lubricates the main and rod bearings etc. The low pressure pump also replenishes the HIGH PRESSURE oil pump without which the electric over hydraulic fuel injectors will not operate. It is impossible to kill this engine through lack of oil pressure. The oil pressure gauge is fraudulent. Although what is in the dash appears to be a gauge, the sending unit is merely an on/off switch. The sending unit is located in the high pressure oil pump reservoir in the top center of the front of the engine.

Hope this helps.

Don

Don