Fuel pump shutdonw

Appreciate some help on this What can cut off the current supply to the fuel pumps to shut them down while driving? This happened to me already twice in one year. The car would not start again until I jump start one of the pumps with external wires strait from the battery. Once I do that, the problem would disappear for months. Car is 1991 Mercedes 560SEC.

Saeef

Reply to
saeef

while its frozen you'd need to check voltage at the pump to even be sure its a pump problem or a voltage supply problem. You also may be giving it enough current directly using your method thus jarring a stuck pump. Hard to say anything more. I wouldnt rule out the pump sticking but you need to catch it when its NOT working

Reply to
ed

ed, thanks The car has 2 pumps hooked up serial. Both pumps are about 1 year old. It seems odd to me that both freeze at the same time, unless one has been frozen for some time and I am not aware of it.

Reply to
saeef