GM 6094M Spec.

I bought a new 2004 Chevy Tracker and was looking at the manual. It says on 4 different paragraphs that I must use engine oils that meet two requirements:

-API spec. 5-W30 or 10-W30 AND

-GM 6094M specifications

I have looked around, and I can't seem to find any oil that says it meets the 6094M spec. Not even Mobil-1. Other than the dealer, where would one buy engine oils that meet this requirement?

Reply to
Fred

Fred,

Google took 0.34 seconds for this:

The very first entry was this:
About halfway down the page are listed 3 different Pennzoil products that meet that spec, I'm sure a few more clicks would have produced others as well... but boy, is my clicking finger tired...

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

Reply to
Mike Patterson

From Mobil1 web site for a 2002 Tracker 4x2 w/L4-121

Mobil1 10W30 at temps over 0F Mobil1 5W30 at all temps

Fred wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Thank you all for your responses. I too searched online and saw those pages. None of them show anything in 5-W30 grade meeting this GM requirement.

Is it correct to assume that if say Pennzoil's 20-W50 meets this requirement, all Pennzoil oils including 5-W30 and 10-W30 meet it as well? If so, why is it not stated that way?

Am I not looking in the right place? I prefer to stay away from synthetic if possible (for cost reasons) and stick to regular oil and oil change intervals.

Thanks again, Fred

Fred