GM Closing Pickup Plant For Lack of Japanese Parts

It does not supprise me.I figured something like that would happen.Will there be more closings? I don't know, but it will not supprise me. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Global supply chain. Likely to affect all auto manufacturers and a great many others when they can't get electronic components in particular.

Reply to
Pete C.

The plant affected (Shreveport) was already set to be closed. The demise of the Hummer and that there are other plants building the same pickups seems to have doomed it.

Reply to
bad

I didn't know that Shreveport plant was set to be closed anyway. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

GM Halts 'Nonessential' Spending Due To Japan Crisis

Looks like it is more than just Shreveport. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin