Good beginner paint?

I have been using my HVLP gun for a few years now on smaller projects and have had good results.

I have an Isuzu pickup truck that could look nice with a new paint job but I don't need to be a pefectionist about it.

I thought I'd try my hand at painting it and then brush in some of that Herculiner in the bed.

The truck is black. (I don't know if that makes things easier/more difficult? or what). (I want the new paint black as well).

It's just an occasional work truck, so I don't know if I need the world's greatest finish....excessive primer...clear coat etc.

Can anyone give me suggestions on a paint(s) I should try? Is there anything that would be more ideal and "user friendly" for something like this?

Maybe something quick drying as I'll be doing it in the garage?

THANKS.

Reply to
Michael

Black makes it MUCH more difficult to get a decent looking job. I've had good luck with Centauri but there are plenty of other good paint systems out there. But the biggest problem will be getting the body straight enough for a black paint job to look good; it will show up EVERY ripple, ding, or other imperfection.

nate

Reply to
N8N