HELP needed with GMC transmission problem

My 2000 GMC Sierra truck started having a problem shifting from first to second gear. The other gears are fine. The whole truck shakes when it goes into 2nd gear.

UPDATE: I found out the next day that it was working okay and it hasn't done it again since. So I'm thinking that once the truck is hot, is when it's going to do it again.

any ideas?

Terry in Texas

Reply to
Terry

Does the shudder happen when you put the clutch in, or when you take the clutch out, and does the shifter move evenly or do you have trouble getting it in?

If your clutch is not disengaging completely, this sort of thing can happen, and it's always much worse going from first to second than on the other gears.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Get the codes scanned. The valve body issue is only when the trans is hot. When cold it should act "normal." You might have a time bomb here but if you act quickly, you can avoid a complete rebuild.

Reply to
genius

My 2000 Sierra is a automatic. Thanks, Terry in Texas

Reply to
Terry