How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manual transmission?

except leveling has NOTHING to do with it. it is just lining both the engine and tramsmissin on the same plane.

Reply to
clare

+1 Indeed.

I did defeat a Simca, making it actually drive away, against its nature. That was touch and go for a while.

Reply to
AMuzi

That direction is for people who are unable to make mental allowances for situations that aren't 100% spot on.

Reply to
Xeno

You too huh? In my case it was the jungles of SE Asia. The *buy* was never an option. A warehouse restock took 8 months. Air freight a slightly more convenient 3 months. Did I mention the locals knocking off all the tools? They could give the Romany lessons.

Reply to
Xeno

Yes, literally hundreds of different types. ;-)

Reply to
Xeno

Once again I phrased it wrong. Theoretically if the transmission assembly and floor were both dead level you wouldn't need any tilt in the jack. The greater the angle respective to the floor, the more tilt required. I did not mean to suggest leveling the transmission was necessary or even possible in many cases.

Reply to
rbowman

XK120, shudder. But they were so classy... Never heard of a Moskvitch but from some of the photos it looks like a rebranded 1962 Rambler Classic.

Reply to
rbowman

Okay, you've mentioned them. Read on......

Why not just use the correct DIY, from the place you mentioned? Section 2 : W59 and R150 Transmissions 4RUNNER

You could sign up (it's free), and access info on manymanymanymany cars + trucks. (Lemme guess... you didn't know they had repair info?)

Reply to
Sanity Clause

I didn't but then, it's a different country to the one I live in.

What I saw as being useful was they give a good rundown on all things you need to think about when removing the gearbox. A lot of people, when removing a gearbox, pay scant consideration to the effect that engine/gearbox tilt have on underhood bits and pieces; top radiator hose, wiring, linkages, etc.

Reply to
Xeno