How to remove a stripped timing tensioner bolt?

congrads!

Reply to
ed

Yeah, it was a cause for celebration, even though I'm now 4 days overdue on getting my pile running again.

Unfortunately, the junkyard pulley was rusted, and I prepaid for it. It's my luck that the timing cover seal happened to be no longer sealing on that particular car.

$70 later, I have a new pulley from GM. gmpartsdirect sells it for half that price, but I needed it yesterday.

It's getting closer and closer to the point where I'm not really saving any money having done the re-gasketing and de-carboning myself. At least I know it's done right to the best of my knowledge, I used new parts wherever it made sense (including several duplicate new parts...), and I learned a lot in the process. But somehow that's not much consolation at the moment. I guess consolation would be several years of trouble free service until I'm rich enough for a new car (or a new beater).

I only have the intake manifold, TB, heater hoses, EGR, distributor, and timing belt left to put back on now so let's hope tomorrow is a good day. Of course, just for purposes of being generally annoying I got a split axle boot to take care of too (on a 4 year old Autozone axle). Then probably several hours of troubleshooting a no-start!

Reply to
Ryan Underwood