How to test 1995 Grand Voyager if the radiator fan has 2 speeds or not ?

The fan does not come on if the AC is not on. It only seeams to work high speed. Measuring the fan connections all 4 pins read 1.5 Ohms with a VOM. The relays seem to work OK, because I switched them around and the high always working. The NAPA sales man says all fans have only one speed, he worked for a Chrysler dealer for umpty years. My book says different. I think maybe the coolent temp sensor may not send the correct temp to the control unit. The temp sensor is a pain to get to. It's under the ingnition coil and would have to remove the coil to get to it. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
antalo

you are speaking of the radiator fan? If your engine isn't overheating you are probably fine. The fan only comes on as needed. If you turn the a/c on the fan should come on.

As far as I know the radiator fan only works at one speed.

the coolant temp sensor if corroded can cause false temp reading causing the fan not to come on when it should.

Reply to
m6onz5a