How to tighten "billet" camshaft sprocket bolt????

I am installing a new billet camshaft in my 92 1.6 L Sidekick engine. WHen I removed the old camshaft I inserted a phillips screwdriver in the holes in the camshaft, between the lobes, to break the bold loose.

This new billet camshaft doesn't have an holes in it and there isn't any flat surfaces to hold on to while I tight the sprocket bolt.

Doe's anybody have any trickes on how to do this??

Later.

Reply to
Rock Braud

Got room for Vice-Grips?

Reply to
Stephen Bigelow

Thanks Stephen it worked great.

I hadn't realized before there was a big chunk of "unused" space on the shaft at the rear where the distributer goes. Just clamped on the ole vice grips and let it rest against the engine stand and torqued the bolt to 46 ft-lbs.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Rock Braud

You do it the same as any other camshaft. Fit the chain or cambelt first then lock the engine either at the flywheel end or by putting the car in gear or wedging the crank if the sump is still off.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Reply to
Dave Baker