Humming Ford airbox?

Hello,

I have a '99 ford contour, v6, auto with about 86K miles on it. I have been getting an intermittent humming noise from the area of the airbox. It's hard to pinpoint since just opening the hood and poking around seems to quiet it down. It usually starts about 30 to 60 seconds after I start the car and is gone by the time the car warms up. I'm guessing it's an actuator in the airflow system that is trying to engage or disengage that is stuck or is not getting a good control signal. Anyone ever run into this that can give me some clues?

Thanks in advance, VI

Reply to
Chenz759

I didn't know airboxes had any sort of actuators... Make sure your filter is clean. That being said, your most likely problem is the IAC in the intake. The sound will usually propagate down the intake and resonate when it finds resistance by the filter.

- JR

Reply to
JR Lomas

How does the IAC make sound?

Reply to
Pyats

You have the famous Contour intake "moose" There's a TSB and parts available to fix the problem. Hit up contour.org for details

peace flacoman

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups

flacoman90999

C. E. White