Is this the breaks?

2003 s-10 chevy blazer.

I'm trying to figure out if I need a break job. I don't think I've ever had one.

Here's what happens.

If I drive the car for more than 30 minutes, while driving at low speeds in the city, I feel some resistance at select points of the wheels rotating even while not breaking. The problem only happens when the car has been driving for a while.

Reply to
wildman

To be sure what condition your brakes are in, you will need to have a look. You can usually look at the rotor surface (disc) and get some idea of the overall surface condition. And you can usually see the brake pads well enough, without pulling the caliper, to estimate how much friction material you have left.

Warpage or uneven wear of the rotor may be what you are feeling, and if this is the case, you will have to have them machined true, or replaced, to return them to normal braking condition.

Brakes are too important to guess about. Have someone competent have a look. Find a good shop, not just a brake franchise or a dealership, that will be honest enough to give you an unbiased opinion, and which can do the work properly and at a fair price if you need repairs.

Reply to
HLS