long lasting paint color

In general, what paint color lasts longest outside when a vehicle is parked outside for decades (while in use but with no garage)?

Is there a specific paint color to choose when buying that works best?

Reply to
Ken Hart

White.

Paul in Houston TX

Unless parked in a damp area... tends to get mildewy/mossy and green-ish. If let go for a long time, especially on older finishes, it can be very difficult if possible to get it back to normal.

I suspect that white is the longest lasting due to rejecting the most UV rays. The darker the color, the more UV is absorbed. I have a 2005 Hyundai Elantra wagon in black, that lived in Arizona until 2016. Not a speck of rust underneath, but the paint was totally baked.

Reply to
Michael Trew