Mazda 6 oil filter tool?

So, the owner's manual sez that I need a special tool to tighten the oil filter when I change it. what gives? can't you get your hands around it? And, where is it anyways? I haven't pulled the bottom cover to look yet.

Reply to
wß

So, the owner's manual sez that I need a special tool to tighten the oil filter when I change it. what gives? can't you get your hands around it? And, where is it anyways? I haven't pulled the bottom cover to look yet.

Reply to
wß

Some manufacturers recommend using a cap wrench to tighten the filter onto the base. A few OEM filters even come with torque specifications, which can be met with a torque wrench driving a cap wrench. I usually tighten up by hand as tight as I can get it on, and no more. The last filter I installed recommended a full turn after the gasket contacts the base, but I could only get it maybe 3/4 turn.

Reply to
y_p_w