Mazda 626 sway bars

I have a '99 Mazda 626 V.6. Are the following the same thing? "sway bar link kit" and "sway bar bushings and stabilizing links"? I had the former replaced in Feb. 2004 and am being told I need the latter. If they are the same, how often do these things need to be replaced, normally?

Reply to
nrmartin

They should last many years.

The bushings are just rubber surrounds that go between the bar and the C-shaped brackets that hold them to the body. The links may be a bit more complex than the simple 6" bolt with a series of washers and bushings that most cars have...Ford and Mazda use a link design that is like a short rod with a ball stud on each end, like what you see on a tie rod end...

Anyway, the bushings hold the bar to the car, the links hold the bar end to the lower control arms. The links usually take a lot more beating than the bushings, but both should easily last 5 years or more.

It's not a case of they were done on the front, now the rear need done, is it? There's a stab bar on both ends of the car....

Reply to
jeffcoslacker

Reply to
nrmartin via CarKB.com