Mazda b2600 Key Question

I have a simple question for any mazda pre 94 truck owner. Is the ignition key suposed to fix the door locks on a 92 mazda b2600? I bought a used truck and got one key with it, but it will not open the doors. I am not sure if the locks are seized or they need a key made for them.

Thanks

Reply to
greg

If they are anything like my '93 Mazda 626, the ignition key also opens the doors... and that is a FLIMSY key.

When I bought the car, the passenger lock was seized up good. A few shots of WD40 into the lock, then wiggle it a bit - repeat daily - and the lock should eventually free up.

Reply to
Caleb

'91 Mazda B2600. One key for both ignition, door locks and gasoline door flap.

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary
12 Dec 2007,"Ivan Vegvary" in news:IY48j.6587$va7.2707 @trndny08:

it's possible the ignition key is different. how? I'd guess the ignition lock mechanism busted somehow (steering column lock, or other complexity).

then as a fix, it was cheaper to live with two keys, rather than replace *all locks* to match the "new" ignition lock. (not that it matters much, but i'd expect the "new" key/lock set was probably a complete steering lock/key assembly, bought from a wrecker.)

Reply to
nospam