Multimeter troubleshooting

I would like a chart to perform various multimeter troubleshooting tests. I am fresh off of apex texhnical school specializing in automotive service and repair, but still find a very limited amount of information on multimeter testing. I am fresh on the field so i would like a guideline for checking various systems such as t.p.s or o2 sensor. you guys know how expensive those scan tools are.........i would appreciate some advice too, for someone who is about to seek an entry level position in a fast paced environment, that requires consistent re-training i would certainly apprize some valuable information.

Thanks a bunch/ Peter

Reply to
Automech985

Well you can read the posts here for some of that info, and/or get the readings from the manual of the vehicle your working on or be specific as to what specific component your troubleshooting. With what the school taught, you should be able to make your own chart by now.

I'd think these guys could type day and night and still not fill that request entirely on all the components and makes and models which are measureable.

Some things won't be measureable with just a multimeter like computer problems or timing issues for example, but you probably already know that.

my .02

Reply to
ed

I don't know what chart you think exists out there, the basic skills should have been taught in tech school and should be automatic. The answers to the variables are supplied by the system wiring diagrams.

Scan tools aren't going away and the price will only get higher as time passes, so you might as well decide right now whether you're in for the long haul or not. Don't over-buy on test equipment, many tech's bought the propaganda on tools such as Modis, Genesis, Pico scope, etc. only to find out that the tool was too advanced for their present skill levels and lost money both in pawning it off and the time wasted trying to get it to work for them during a repair.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
b1377

i really appreciate this hyperlink. this book really much covers all my question. i really appreciate it. thanks alot

Reply to
Automech985

--

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ William R Watt National Capital FreeNet Ottawa's free community network homepage: