NAPA battery DOA

I asked my mechanic, who normally installs Interstate batteries, if he would be willing to install a NAPA battery into my 2002 Grand Caravan instead because Consumer Reports rated the NAPA "84 Select" battery much higher than the Interstate for my car (Group 34) and the NAPA cost less too.

But when he installed it the car wouldn't start. A load test showed the new NAPA battery very low and my mechanic noticed one of the posts was very hot.

When I took it back to NAPA, they said that they had just gotten it in so it hadn't been sitting (ship date on battery was Nov 06) and they just had another one come back with the same problem. Needless to say, I'm going to stay away from these defective NAPA batteries until they get their quality control issues straightened out.

I guess Consumer Reports didn't have any defective batteries from NAPA when they did their testing.

Reply to
toronado455