pimp my ride: a fairlane isn't cool?

A new low. X picked up a '63 Fairlane and instead of "pimping" that out, he gave the kid an '05 4Runner instead.

Just send me the Fairlane please, if it's such a bucket. I know it's a

4-door. I don't care. I'd rather have that than a 4Runner any day...

nate

(yes, I know it's a crappy show. Background noise while I catch up with the outside world online and do laundry.)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Radioguy

I have always wanted to own a 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 2 door hardtop car.Also, a 1958 Chevrolet Impala 2 door hardtop car. I think they are plenty cool. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news5.newsguy.com:

I'll take the Fairlane too, please.

I'm also doing laundry!!! (Wife is working late; I'm saving her the trouble.) Have you also discovered the liquid detergent is way better than the granular stuff?

Reply to
Tegger

It's a "Reality Show"

on t6he Speed Channel (originally, the series was aired on MTV). 1900 EST.

The host (X-Ibit) picks up a "crappy" car and has "West Coast Customs" fix it up. It's a "California" thing and most cars are old and beat up but not rusty.

Look for lots of neon underneath and X-Boxes in the trunk.

Reply to
Anumber1

I saw an episode where they took a '68 mustang that had rusted out floor pans and they *MADE* simple ones out of sheet.. no rolling of beads or anything, just bent the sheet metal. Mustang floor pans are a phone call or web browser click away... ones that would fit right and look right unlike what they were doing...

Reply to
Brent

I used to email chat with a retired operating room nurse in Arlington,Texas.One time I was talking to her about my over grown toe nails and how difficult it is for me to trim my toe nails. She told me to put some soap on my toe nails to soften them up. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I do remember one episode where they "fixed" some kid's rusty VW bus... with lots of bondo... (shudder)

nate

Reply to
N8N

I think my opinion of "Rusty" may be skewed as I live in Michigan.

I watched an original Arizona Datsun 260 vaporize before my eyes in three Michigan winters. It went from not rusty to structurally unsound in that time.

Reply to
Anumber1

Scroll down and click on, Rust Remover/Inhibitor.Acorrding to what they say Must for Rust Remover & Inhibitor is good stuff. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Didn't I mention something along those lines a couple-three weeks ago? :)

Reply to
Brent

Honestly? I dunno! But...

My 260 went from nice to rusted out in three winters in the 80's.

When I see "old" cars from "dry" states with interior or mechanical issues, I makes me think about how many times I have gone to look at a "Michigan" car for sale that was so far "gone" due to rust that I couldn't offer "scrap price" for it.

That is probably why my rusted out opinion is skewed.

Reply to
Anumber1

Brent wrote in news:gp77aj$2pq$ snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org:

Yes, another one of those "mechanic" shows where the most popular tools are the adjustable wrench and linesmans pliers. It *would* be nice if SPEED started to show a profit from the buyout by FOX so they can ditch some of this crap.

Reply to
fred

just trying to be funny because I was catching some flack for saying that cars like that disolved in chicago winters.

Same as mine. I'm used to crawling under an old car for sale and finding severe structural rust. (while the owner believed the car to be just fine because someone repaired the visible cosmetic rust)

Reply to
Brent