Plug Heat Range Old 318

I have an old van which I only start once a month or so, in storage.

I have not changed the oil in a few years. It is now fouling the plugs, with oil on their threads and fluffly black deposits.

I am guessing the failure change the oil may be causing part of the problem so am going to change it from 10-40 to straight 30W in an attempt to stop the fouling.

It is hard to start now (before any changing) and I have to take the plugs out each time and clean them to get it to start, after which it runs fine, some initial smoke, but goes away.

The plugs I am using are champion now. I used to use AC and they seemed to be better on fouling.

I tried to get a Bosch number for one heat range higher than specs, but the stupid Bosch manual lists 3 different numbers as cross reference for the same vehicle depending on whether I cross reference AC, Autolite or Champion, so cannot use Bosch plugs which are on sale cuz I cannot find the correct plug number for one heat range higher

I used to run AC one heat range higher, with no problems. My understanding is you can generally go one heat range higher without problems and this will help stop fouling.

What would you all recommend in terms of the heat range plug and can you provide numbers for Bosch. I already can get the numbers for AC I think.

The vehicle is a B100 dodge 318 van that specs call for Autolite 65, with 66 being one range higher; AC R44xls on spec-don't have the higher range handy for that plug, and Bosch spec standard is 7522, but unable to determine which Bosch if any is one heat range higher?

(sorry for any dupes using shit server again)

Reply to
eddies